Monday, July 4, 2011

Trip to MI in June


At the end of May, I went back to Michigan for a family sale, wedding and to watch Caleb for a week. Michigan had a bad storm the night before I came in and this is what I found when I went to the farm to stay.
It had hailed alot and there were leaves everywhere. This is before I swept the entrance to the breezeway to the house.
This is the house with leaves stuck to it on the south side.
Looking further, Greg and I found a tree that had been blown down. Obviously it had a problem so the wind helped it along.
Unfortunately, it also hit another tree and uprooted it as well.
My brother-in-law, Tom, came by with the chain saws and helped it along. Since the tree was in half, he sent the opposite half a way to make it easier to clean-up.
On the ground. Now the work begins. We called Phil and told him we needed his help and it involved chain saws. He was very tempted!!

Phil's niece, Jennifer LaVoy and Steve Juntune were married on May 28, at Jen's Mom's home in Eagle, MI. A cool day, not too many bugs and beautiful setting to start this marriage off.
This is Tom and Jackie Rood, Jen's Mom & Step-Dad, who were also best man and matron of honor.
The little people are Opie, Miley, Madison and Wyatt - nieces/nephews of the bride.
Proud Dad, Tim.
Jen & Steve - a very happy couple.
More nephews enjoying the wedding, Aaron LaVoy (Hortonville, WI), Chris LaVoy (Paradise, MI), Chris LaVoy (Samaria, MI), and Luc Grawburg (Lakeview, MI).
We had a singing trio as part of our entertainment...Cora Grawburg, Gwen Shipman and Madison LaVoy - sweet young ladies.
Nephew Chris was happy to see his nephew, Emmet.
Some of the girl cousins were dancing and posed for an impromptu picture: Suzanne Grawburg, Miley LaVoy (front) Amelia & Cora Grawburg and Madison LaVoy. Sweet little gals.
I had a chance to watch my nephew, Lance, play baseball one evening.
Look at that pose. He hit a good one, but it was caught by the opposite team. His team, the Hornets, were still playing this weekend...lots of tournaments to be had.
One of the Family sale days, we had an unwanted but beautiful visitor. This moth decided to lay eggs on the screen of the breezeway. Well, she may be beautiful, but those eggs were definitely unwanted. So, we made sure she got away before the end of the day.
I also had a chance to go to Market in Ypsilanti with my sister, Mary Ann. Her booth was fuller before I was able to get there, so it wasn't too bad of a day. Fortunately she is near a small but full leafed tree which helped with keeping it cooler on a very hot day.
Before I left to return home, I spent the evening with my sister Ginny and brother-in-law, Tom. Macy - their granddaughter - had been swimming that afternoon with Grandpa and she let me comb out the tangles in her hair.
These two pictures are backwards. While at Ginny & Tom's house, a wave of rain decided to come in. Below is the rain - couldn't see 1/4 mile away. Then, it cleared up and that is the actual view in the picture above. This storm lasted about 5 minutes...just enough time for Tom to get soaked.
That is it for now. I have more pictures, but my computer doesn't want me to work hard today. For some reason, it takes a long time to download five pictures and then they have an error in it. So, I will have to continue with posting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment