Thursday, July 7, 2011

June with Caleb

When I was in Michigan at the end of May until the 23rd of June, I did get to spend quite a bit of time with Caleb. When I wasn't moving items around and pricing Family Sale items, I was with Caleb.
When I got to Nick and Julie's house, Nick was at school, Julie was moping the floor and Caleb was in his Baby Einstein munching on Puffs - or what was left of them. This is the great big smile that I received when I first saw him. Warms a Mimi's heart.
The last time I was in MI in April, Caleb was cutting teeth, wobble walking, and just being a little boy. Now, he is a toddler who is still cutting teeth but also running and jabbering like crazy. So, he had to come outside and see what kind of car Mimi drove up in. He inspected it all the way around and liked what he saw. I should have had him inspect the tires closer though...I ended up with two nails in the left rear tire and ended up with a new one by the end of the following week.
He likes trying on shoes and tried to walk in mine. A little help from Mimi and he did OK.
Caleb is a very busy little guy. He picks up his toys and puts them in the waste basket. The he dumps it out and starts over again.
Photo op with Mom and Dad...still "Number 1" son and grandson!!He came over to Great Gram's farm and helped us with the Family sale. We got him his own car so he could drive around. No pedals and a little young for it, but by the end of June, he had the hang of it.
Caleb is quite the helper. Momma asked him to water the flowers. So he dragged the watering can over to the side of the garage...
...realized that the flowers were a little further down the sidewalk....
...and helped water the petunias. Thank you Caleb. That was a big help.
A few days we left in the afternoon while Daddy was at school and Momma was sleeping. We went to Creative Quilts in Brighton and Caleb made sure the chairs were put under the table.
The next afternoon, we picked up my friend Miss JR and went to Holt to Everlasting Stitches. That place was quite crowded so he had to stay in the stroller as there was just too much to touch. At a shop in Pinckney and one in Howell he did wander around and helped me fine fabric.
With all the stuff he does, he does occasionally take a time out by himself...sitting under the table...
...0r maybe this table.....
...or how about the new chair Mimi got me? All will do. (Note: Daddy said he had to take the chair away during the day while momma slept because Caleb has learned to climb. Yep, he is growing good!!)
Caleb, Nick and Julie were doing a yoga pose...Downward Facing Dog...well, Nick and Julie were beginning to do it and Caleb decided he would let them look funny for Mimi.
Then he posed too and had to make sure Daddy was doing it correctly. What a cutie.
While at the farm, he got heavy when I was holding him and I needed to get a few things done. So we put him in the shopping cart so he could be safe.
It was OK while we were rolling around, but then he wanted out...he wanted to move on his own.
He figured out that these doors didn't have locks on them...he could open them and close them to his heart's content. Kept him happy for quite a while.
Then he would run into the living room where we were sitting. Lots of room at the farm to roam.
One of the days it was in the 90's. Way too hot for all of us. So, we got the galvanized tub out and filled it with 5 gallons of water. Caleb stripped and we let him play in the tub. It wasn't quite as warm as bath water but it did cool him off nicely...and me too as he got me wet.
He didn't like the grass, but he did try and put some of it in the water when he was skinny dipping.
Caleb loves his swing. Nothing deters a smile from him while he is in it. Even the neighbor kids who were rolling around the street in their little cars.

Caleb and I play blocks alot when I am there. He is getting much better at putting them in their right shaped hole.
Keep trying, Caleb!!
See....I can do it! Thanks, Mimi for helping me.
Caleb learned that the pillow isn't too heavy and he carries it around the living room.
Then he is tired and it is time for bed. Nighty night!!! More on next blog. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment