Sunday, May 22, 2011

Update from April

It has been since February that I updated our blog. Sorry to say...it has been a hard time and it has been hard to upload these pictures. My computer doesn't like doing lots of pictures, so even though I had more to put on...you are stuck with these until I get to update again.

While I was in MI in April, I had to keep an eye on Caleb while Nick was in school and Julie was working or sleeping. One morning, he played peek-a-boo with me from his crib.
He turned a year old in April and we went to get his first year of life pictures taken. Since he loves blocks, this was a good way to get him to smile for the camera...before he knocked all the blocks down.
He has taken off with walking...although in April he was still teetering with a few steps.
A patient boy, Caleb waited for me to get my coat on to go out the door to the library. This next time, we will be able to go out without a jacket.
He has a shape bucket and loves putting the shapes on top of each other. We stacked the shapes and talked about their colors and how many there were.
This was a constant pose..."Number 1" that's Caleb.
Caleb got a truck from his Grandma and Grandpa and loves being pushed on it. Soon he will be able to push it himself.
Our little man...always smiling.
He and Pipi were talking on Caleb's cell phone at Tomato Brothers restaurant.
I didn't put him up to this, but he obviously wants to come home with me!!!
Steve and Rena were in MI the same time Phil and I were and we stayed at the farm together cleaning the basement and garage. A big job but went well with many hands helping.
We also were able to see some of Phil's family and spent the evening together at a local restaurant. Gil and Nancy celebrated their 50th anniversary this April so I made them their own lighthouse for their house.
My brother John also came to MI for a visit and we all went to Webers for dinner. Here are Carolyn, Frank, Mary Ann, John, me, Ginny, Tom, Caleb and Jerome. A nice visit with everyone.
I also was able to reconnect with a couple of my best friends from high school. Michelle (Long) Lezotte, Marie (Marchese) Wehner and I had supper together and caught up on each other. So glad to see them.
My friend, JR, Caleb and I had to stop in to Stitch N Time in Howell after a stop at a local quilt shop.
My sisters, Ginny, Mary Ann and I went on a mini shop hop together. This is Monarch Quilts in Brighton. The local lady there greeted us with a smile.
Caleb had two birthday parties. The first was at Tomato Brothers on his actual Birthday. Greg and Erin came to celebrate with us. He loves his Uncle Greg and Erin.
He loved getting to know his Pipi and followed him around alot.
We are always so happy to be with Caleb.
This is our Birthday Photo Op after Caleb's birthday dinner.
We got Caleb a piece of Cheesecake as his Birthday Cake. He wasn't too sure about this at first.
We asked him, "Caleb, do you like your cake?" His obvious answer was to clap his hands with cheesecake all over him.
There was a lot of cheesecake in his hair, on his clothes, but lots in his tummy too!
On Saturday, April 9th, we had a dual celebration with Phil as that was his birthday. Caleb was dressed for the occasion...in his birthday suit (with a diaper on, of course).
He obviously liked this cake as well.

He was glad to see his Pipi.
He isn't too sure about Uncle Kevin but is always glad to see him when he comes to town.
Before I went home, I got to spend another night with Caleb, Nick and Julie. I went with Mary Ann and Ginny on the shop hop and we were able to spend the night. Here Caleb is doing the Polka with Auntie Mary Ann.
Ok, now it is Auntie GG's turn.
Caleb was reading an Easter card that Auntie Mary Ann gave him.
The day before I came home, I spent the day helping Mary Ann in her greenhouse. Here Carolyn and I are transplanting the basil.
Look what I did!!! Well, all the little plants on the left anyway.
Yep...I helped with these as well.
This is the flower greenhouse that was transplanted the week before.
A final picture of my family in the greenhouse. Frank, Carolyn, Jerome and Mary Ann.
Hope to do more posting before I leave. If not, look for more in late June.

No comments:

Post a Comment