Friday, April 2, 2010

Visits with family and friends

While in Michigan I had a chance to visit with Greg and Caravaggio. He is settled into his apartment which is really nice. Here Carr decides that he needs to be fed and is trying to get Greg to give him some viddles.
His kitchen is small but just the right size for him and the cat.
This is part of his living room, looking toward stairs, closet and office. His bedroom is to the right of the office and the bathroom and laundry room are behind the wall at the right. Nicely planned.
He took me back to my Mom's for the rest of my visit with her in his new car, a 2010 Ford Fusion. He loves it - nice ride.
On Tuesday morning I went to the bowling alley to watch my Mom bowl. When she is done throwing her ball, she holds her head to make sure the ball stays on the alley.
She had a spare on this one but then I was told to put my camera away as her highest game was the first one when the camera was in the case. Oh well, she had a fun time anyway.
Here are her team mates.
After bowling we went to lunch at my sister, Ginny and brother-in-law Tom's house. Shell and Benjamin were there so we got to visit with them as well. Ben is a pretty happy baby, he was just laughing and talking away with all of us. He did put his hand in his mouth though as he is teething. Choking on his fingers was a new experience for him. What a funny kid.
He loves Gram. Although he wiggles alot, he was always good in her arms. What a sweet picture this makes.
Ginny and Shell had their machines out and were doing their last block before putting the quilt top together.
I missed sewing but had a fun time playing with Ben instead.
It was time for them to go home so Gram got a slobbery kiss goodbye from the little guy.
Wednesday I took off from my Mom's house and headed to Lansing to stay with Nick and Julie for a couple of evenings. I had the crib in the back of the vehicle and onward to Lansing I went. I stopped in South Lyon to visit a favorite shop, Lake Street Mercantile. They are a quilt store in an old bank with the sale fabric in the vault. They added a room for wool and one for just kits. A worthwhile stop for sure.
I then met up with my friend, JR, who shared some of her projects with me. This is a multi-block shawl that she is knitting.
Here is her latest finished quilt (except for border triangles and binding). A unique design and fun quilting on it. Of course, we stopped into the local quilt store and had a great time going through the fabric.
But I had to go to JoAnns to get a book for my friend back in OR so we had the sales clerk take a picture of us as memories of our day. Miss you, JR. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

1 comment:

  1. There's nothing wrong with a small kitchen. It keeps the riff raff out.

    ReplyDelete