Mom and Dad arrived in plenty of time to greet most of the guests.
Have to have a pic with the parents-to-be.
Gram was very excited to see Julie and "hold" Caleb as she said hello.
Gram, Mom and Mimi enjoying the day.
Aunt Kerry arrived from Chicago to spend the afternoon with us. We were glad she came and had a safe trip.
JT (friend of Aunt Mary Ann's) did a great job on our cake. It was yummy.
Great-nephew, Benjamin - 4 months old, had a fun time with cousin Kerry as he waited for more attention from everyone.
Mimi and Gram - two special people in Caleb's life.
Great Aunt Deb made this lion quilt and toy to match.
Aunt Kerry made this cute bunny hat - the sweater is still in progress.
Caleb received many wonderful gifts and outfits - this one from Great Aunt Carolyn and her daughters.
Great Aunt Nancy gave him this wonderful bathrobe with a warm fuzzy towel to match.
Nick needed a gift as well. So I made him a "man backpack" to carry around all of Caleb's necessities such as diapers, wipes, rattles, toys, etc.
I also gave him Nick's christening outfit (that he and his brothers wore) as well as a blanket for the special day.
"Caleb's Toys" Quilt was my work in progress for many months. All the toys are appliqued on and then I quilted it by machine. A one of a kind.
Our niece, Kadren, was able to attend the shower from Lakeview, with her three daughters and niece. Since Kadren is pregnant with a boy after three girls, I made her a quilt for the little guy, to be born in late June. Suzanne had just ran through the room so she wasn't in the picture.
A wonderful day with many blessings from family. Thank you all for your wonderful gifts to help Nick and Julie prepare for Caleb's arrival.
Before I returned to Oregon, I was able to stay with Nick and Julie for a couple of evenings before heading to Chicago to visit with Kevin, Kerry and the pups. Here is the start of Caleb's library. Everyone at the shower brought him a favorite book so he has lots of books for us to read to him already. Look for more posts from my trip upcoming soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment