Friday, April 2, 2010

Chicago Visit

After my trip to MI for the shower and other things, I went to Chicago to visit Kevin, Kerry and the pups. It was a great four days with them, just resting and relaxing, having a fun time with the dogs.
Bill McGill and Patterson are enthralled by my camera case and the pillow I use on the airplane. Had to hide that so that it wouldn't split open from their thinking it was a toy to pull on.
Kerry and I went to a quilt store called The Needle Shop where she has a wonderful array of rolled fabric on her walls. Yes, I purchased a 1/2 yard of some neat orange fabric for my spring applique wallhanging. We also went to the knitting shop and bead&button store nearby before heading home.
While there the college basketball games were on and both Kevin and Kerry are in pools so we watched a number of games. Our constant companions on the couch were the dogs.
I woke up Saturday morning to snow. It snowed all day but didn't stick around as on Sunday the sun shown and although brisk, was a great day for a walk with the dogs.
Kevin bottled one of his home brews. I had to help - well actually, I was faking my helping as I "don't drive that tractor".
All done, waiting for the bottles to dry off so they can be put in the box and in the closet.
Kevin and Kerry went to work on Monday so it was just me and the dogs. After I vacuumed and took a shower, I came into the living room to find both dogs resting. Actually, that is all they did the whole day...until Kerry returned home. Then they went wild with getting their toys out and running around, excited to see them return home.
Kerry loves to knit and here she is working on a sweater with Patterson making sure all is ok.
Kevin and Bill are just hanging out while the basketball game progresses.
I had a wonderful visit with them. Thanks, Bill and Patterson, for taking care of me while in Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment