Friday, January 22, 2010

Shopping Day with Phil

Phil has every other Friday off and we usually stay home and get somethings done. Today we decided to get out of the house and do some shopping. Not a lot of stuff, just things needed.

We started out at Goodwill, Industries. I have had my eye on some magazine holders and although they were not on sale for 1/2 off (wrong color day), I purchased them anyway. The large one at Staples is &7.50 - I purchased mine for $3. The smaller ones were $.99 each so I had a great by for under $5.

We went to Fabric Depot where I took back some items that I didn't need. While there, we looked for the clips that quilters use for binding their quilts - the same clips we used to use to keep our hair out of our eyes. Well, we looked all over the store and I finally had to ask a lady where they were. In with the pins - not sure why, but at least I know where to look if I need more. I also got some finger thimbles that you use for applique - they work wonderfully. Plus I got over $2 back. Well worth taking back my unneeded items.

We went to lunch at Shari's - it is like a Bob Evans back in the Midwest. When we were seated and ordered, we looked around and realized we were the youngest ones there beside the waitresses. That was scary.

A trip to Staples was needed as my printer ink is all out. I know that Walgreen fills some of the Dell cartridges, but not this size - of course. So, now I am ready to print off the baby shower invitations.

Before Christmas I had purchased a few items from VanHeusen in the Outlet Mall. Well, the two tops that I had picked out for me, didn't fit so I returned them. I had tried to get Phil a couple of shirts, but they didn't have any that he liked. So, I found a blouse for me and am happy.

Next was a stop to Home Depot. Phil has a gift card that is burning a hole in his pocket and so we needed to check things out there. We looked at the step ladders, boards to make a frame for our window, etc. But Phil said that he needs to think on this stuff so we didn't purchase anything. BUT, I found some strapping that they use to keep the wood together and picked up some for the ladies who are making scrap bags.

On our way home, we stopped by a new Auction House and shop. Lots of antiques, odd looking things and stuff. Lots of Stuff. But it was fun exploring the aisles to see if there may be a treasure that we needed. There happen to be a blue/white crock that I may go back and get - my large spoons/spatulas, etc need a new home - those darn handles are too wide for the current large mug I am using. Sounds like a great excuse to go back.

We then stopped into Burns Feed Store. They have lots of items for horses, seeds, stuff and more stuff. While there, these two girls were running throughout the store. They went out the back and then came back through the front. They then said "We caught it!" A customer had a rooster that it didn't want any more so he put it in a box and brought it to them to see if they could give it to anyone. While they were getting the cage to put it in, it got out of the box and was running around the store, both inside and out. They had been trying to catch it all day and finally did. I wish I would have had my camera - he looked so harmless....once he was in the cage.

We are now home, and will eat dinner and then relax with TV (if there is anything on). I will get my stitching out and all will be well in the world. Hope your day was a good one as well as our was. Enjoy your weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Good post terry. You say with words what I try to say with photos. thanks. tom n.

    ReplyDelete