Monday, January 25, 2010

Belated Christmas Package

Sometimes we have to wait a little bit for packages to arrive. Patience - not our strongest suit, but well worth it. Saturday we received a big box from the mailman. It was addressed to me so Phil brought it upstairs to my sewing room where I was working. I opened it and saw that it had a few items in it from Kevin and Kerry. A book called "Radical Brewing" (not pictured), a package that had been opened and six bottles of beer.
Kevin had sent his Dad a sampling of the beer that they brew together in August. We had gone to Chicago for two days after Nick and Julie's wedding to spend a little time with Kevin, Kerry and the pooches. Those two days were the hottest - 95 degrees, air conditioner quit and then the transformer blew in the back yard. But they brewed outside and had a great time. Phil said this is good stuff and he will savor every last drop.
I had asked for a wool project from Bird Brain Designs called a "Think Pink Sachet/Pin Cushion", a pattern coordinated with Breast Cancer Awareness Month. It had the pattern in it as well as all the wool needed to do the project. Well, the package looked a little battered when I opened the box.
Well, there is a story behind this (always is). Kerry had wrapped the package and put it under the tree. Bill McGill - little doggie - decided to investigate the package - probably thinking it was for him. So he tore into it and helped Kerry rewrap it. They sent it to me as is so that I would know that Bill had a hand in helping Kerry with the wrapping of presents this year. Fortunately the wool is fine, the pattern a little gnawwed at but still readable so all is well. Gotta love him.
Thanks for the great stuff. I am looking forward to my project and I know that Phil is going to savor every bit of the beer. Now, if he opens the book - well that is another story. Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting. I love it when Christmas lasts into January.
    gotta love those dogs. and kids too
    ginn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice that Kevin sent the beer. Is Phil thinking of making some? Seems like a good hobby.

    ReplyDelete