Yesterday I went to my friend Andi's house to teach her sewing friends to make scrap bags for their sewing tables. Andi lives up the mountain just back from Hwy 26. When I got there, I could hear the rushing water and smell the pines. She took me out back and these are a couple of views from her back yard.

I could have stayed out there all day, just listening to the water flowing down the hill. A great place for reading a good book wrapped up in a quilt.

But the girls were going to be there soon so we had to prepare for them. Andi served us a wonderful lunch with corn beef,
cole slaw, rolls, fruit and cream puffs. Yummy.

The gals - whom I cannot remember their names, even though there was a test - were eager to get started. Three were in one room busy putting together their scrap bags, enjoying the banter and fun of mixing their fabrics to get just what they needed.

The other five, were in the other room doing the same thing - laughing and having a great time. Most of them had Singer featherweight machines and it was so fun listening to that hum. There were no stitching or fabric police allowed and the only ripping out was when we had to open a seam to insert the strapping.

Andi's mom, Marion, joined us although she didn't participate in the class.

Here are the gals with their finished projects. As you can see, they have a great time.

Teacher (that be me :-)) had to have my pic taken with their scrap bags. What a great group of ladies who love life and enjoy each other each month. So glad to have met all of you. Thank you ladies for letting me join you, I had a wonderful day.
great scrap bags. I sure love mine.
ReplyDeleteYou are a good teacher and so generous.