Sunday, September 6, 2009

"Sundance" is done

On my blog a couple of days ago, I told you about my friend Lori who was doing this fusible applique piece, hated it and was going to throw it away. I rescued "Sundance" and decided he needed to be finished. I didn't work on him on Friday at the Girls Night Out as it was too late by the time I finished my other projects for the Home of the Brave. So on Saturday, I sorted, ironed, traced, ironed again, etc., to make sure that I had all the pieces. Here is Sundance laying on the background - not ironed down yet as there are some pieces to be placed under him.
These are some of the pieces - little squiggly things, some larger squiggly things and some that were easier to work with. The pattern has a number of pages to it; placement of pieces on one page per fabric so you don't get mixed up on what piece gets fused to which fabric. Then there is a layout sheet that tells you where all the pieces are to be placed. Well, that layout sheet was not there so I had to look at the picture and put it where I thought it needed to be.
Ta da!!!!! He is done except for his nose needs another addition to it and the fabric wasn't there. Now you see all those squiggly placements in their home. Considering I didn't have the layout page, I think he looks pretty darn good. It took a while but I enjoyed putting this puzzle together for Lori. She will be so happy to have it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment