But it is also a day to Live. A day to hug your family. A day to tell them you love them. A day to take time out with them to either share, pray or just smile at each other. A day to let go of your regrets and to move forward.
So, I am not sure how you spent your day but mine is good so far. Picture wise, it actually starts with yesterday. I picked up my entries that were in the Oregon State Fair a few weeks back. As you can see by this picture, I received a 1st Place blue ribbon for my hand appliqued, machine quilted wall hanging as well as a Special Award ribbon. But the surprise came today in the mail. The Special Award represents a Best of Show in that division and was awarded a $25 gift certificate to Gramma's Attic located in Dallas, OR. YEAH!!! A field trip with my hubby. Some of these flowers are done in material that I got from my Mom and was in dresses I wore when I was little. Won't date myself here but they are old.
This is a table runner that I did for my living room and received a 2nd place on it. It was my first quilt class here in Oregon and it is called "Pat's Favorite Table Runner". Thanks Pat for all your encouragement in helping me finish this.
Then today, I went blueberry picking again. I have a 21st EGA (Embroiders Guild of America) Birthday party to go to tomorrow and am planning on a fruit salad to take as my dish to pass. These will taste wonderful with watermelon and strawberries.
Yesterday at Q-FAC (Quilting and Fiber Arts Club) session, Anne Marie who works at the Museum where we meet, gave us as much sweet corn from her garden that we wanted. So, I asked for 2 dozen and she was happy to oblige. So, this morning I blanched them and cut it off the cob.
As you can see, by putting the corn in the freezer, I either have to stop getting things to put in, or get a bigger freezer. It will all taste good when I need it come winter.
Tonight I will have pulled bbq pork sandwiches, corn on the cob and a wonderful fruit salad with Phil. Yes, today is a good day even if it is a sad remembrance day. A day to live. Hope you had a good one as well.P.S. Happy Birthday, Mark - my nephew who shares this day with many other birthday celebrants. Hope it was a good one for you.

Loved your blog. What a nice write up about 9-ll
ReplyDeleteand thanks for remembering Mark. Yes he is 34.
Congratulations on all the quilting.
I am so proud. And the summer food is lovely and wonderful to bad it is such a short season.
love, ginn