Saturday, September 26, 2009

Great day at Expo

Yesterday I spent the day at the Northwest Quilting Expo with my friends Becky, Cindy, Donna and Marilyn. Since it was my first time, I decided not to take a class. Good choice. This place was huge and had lots of vendors as well as quilts to see. This first picture was a miniature with each mini square cut from floral fabrics and three larger flower squares - all hand appliqued on to a white background. I can do that!!
This quilt shows a machine appliqued pictorial of men in battle in the Civil War era.
A miniature log cabin quilt done in the shape of a flag. You can see a part of it in the picture above.
The quilting on this one was done in between seams and made it look 3-D. A very stunning piece.
Lots of flying geese in this one. Love the layout look.
A nice quilt done in taupes, beiges and browns with hints of red, black and green. I love the different blocks of it - you could almost do small quilts from each block.
Here we are at the end of the show. Our heads are filled with inspiration of what projects we can begin. And, yes, we had some goodies in our bags and purses as well as web site information to visit to see us through until the next time ----- or maybe not. A fun day filled with great friends.

1 comment:

  1. ahhh!!! They look sooo overwhelming !
    ~Shell

    ReplyDelete