Monday, July 27, 2009

Heat Wave

The weather is HOT!!! We will have 100 degree weather today, Tuesday and Wednesday with the 90's the rest of the week. Thankfully the evenings are cool - well it doesn't really get cool until 3am the next morning - but enough that we open the house, put on the fans and the house cools down into the low 70's. I have a feeling that the window air conditioner will be our friend the next few days. It is already time to close up the house to keep the warm air out.

So, what to do on a hot day. While at the Quilt Show last weekend, I made a table runner and then appliqued fruit on it. I plan to quilt it this week and then take it back with me to MI to give to my EGA group. They have a tea and auction and I have made them quilted items since I moved here. So, since it is hot, it sounds like a plan to sew in between doing laundry - a necessity as the basket is over flowing again.
So, where ever you are, keep cool and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment