Monday, July 20, 2009

Back to Blogging - Our garden update

Hi: The quilt show is done except for the debriefing today at 2 pm. a successful show - pictures will follow in another blog.

But here are pictures from our garden. We planted on July 5th and these pictures were taken about July 15th. I am amazed that they came up so quickly. We will have items soon - I hope.
tomatoes are doing well - they are growing and more blossoms coming on.
spinach here - it is starting to leaf out nicely. hope to have some before we come to MI>
these are radishes (no Bill you cannot have any) and peas. The peas are filling out and looking good. they will be yummy in the fall.
So, this was supposed to be the first picture - somehow I cannot get it to move to the top. Anyway, this is our three tiered boxed garden. The peas and radishes are in the top box; the tomatoes and carrots are in the middle; and the spinach and peppers are in the lower box. I think the carrots are coming up but am unsure as it looks like there is some grass coming up as well. I will have to get to it tomorrow morning - starting to get too hot to do yard work now. It is supposed to be in the 90's most of the week. So, look for more blog entries either later today or tomorrow or as soon as I can get them on.

2 comments:

  1. Good Job !!
    ~ Shell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil, you did a good job on those raised beds! Doing the most with what you have. I'm impressed. Tom N.

    ReplyDelete