Thursday, March 5, 2009
I really do quilt!!
I really do quilt! I have projects that I have done but not many have stayed here. A few have been asking to see some of the things I have done so, here are a few items that I have pictures of on my computer. The rest are pictures that I made prints of so I will have to find those cds and figure out how to load them on here, etc. But that is another day.
My sister & brother-in-law, Mary Ann and Jerome, have a stall at the Eastern Market in Detroit, Mi where they sell flowers in the spring, veggies in the late summer and pumpkins in the fall. So, I made Mary Ann a hand pieced and appliqued wall hanging that she can put up in their stall to dress it up a bit. They don't do anything with chickens, but this guy was too cute not to add.
When I was in MI in August, my mom had me go through her sewing machine cabinet as well as a closet to look for material. I found this red polka dot piece and decided to make myself an apron. So I added the checked material and red and white buttons and -- ta da - it was done. But then I decided it should go to my new daughter-in-law to be as she loves red. So it found a new home at Julie's house.
These little snowmen wall hangers were gifts to the neighbors. They did baking and brought over lots of cookies and fudge and stuff. Well, since I don't do much baking any more, I made them a mini version of the window hanging that we have as our Christmas treat to them. I added little sleigh bells to the tops of the hats before I sent them to their new homes. They all loved them.
Last year I made Greg some moose placemats for Christmas. He loved them so much, he asked for a Christmas tree skirt with the moose on it as well. So, I dug the pattern out and proceeded to make this with 8 moose on it, and added snow flakes as quilting. But there was a question from Phil while I was making this --- Since I made 8 moose, is the plural for moose - mice????? :-) Yes, you should have guessed he would ask a silly question like that!! Anyway, I will try and send more of my quilting later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love that apron !!!
ReplyDelete