Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Berry Pie

Last Thursday, I went to Wool Gathering at Hollyhill Quilt Shoppe. We used to be Woolly Wednesdays, but will now meet once a month on Thursdays. Debbie Busby of Wooden Spool Designs is our wool expert and it was so fun to be back with all of these ladies once again. This month we were down in the shoppe making "pies" from wool...cherry, blueberry or marionberry.
Here Debbie is sharing her technique on how to make our "crust" from the light wool.
Near the end of class, this gal was gathering her pie to finish at home.
Here Debbie and I share our "pies" with you. Can't you just smell them? Mine is purple - reminding me of blueberries. As you can see in the background, there is lots of wool that Debbie has dyed specifically for the shoppe and many projects that she has created. Am looking forward to making the one that looks like postage stamps...just right of Debbie's shoulder. Had a great time again, ladies, and thanks Debbie for another fun morning at Wool Gathering.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, those are so cute! what is their use? pot holder? I would love to learn to make one of these! I think Ginny and I should get a personal class next time you come ;)

    ReplyDelete