Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Finally Updating our Blog

We went to the beach again in November and our camera had seen the last of taking pictures. Guess that salt inside doesn't do much for the camera guts so our camera has died. But I did capture pictures before then and just realized that I had not updated our blog in quite a while. Now, before you yell at me for the underline - I am trying to figure out how to take it off as it doesn't show up on this posting. Guess you will just have to bear with me for this one time.

This is the pumpkin carving that Phil did. I don't know what happened to the daylight one but you get the just of the happy face. Phil says it will be a traditional one from now on...that means I don't have to share it with you again. :-)
We decided to take a different route to the beach house and went via Cannon Beach, Oregon. As you can see, the winds play havoc on the trees and this is what a lot of the tree line looks like along the Oregon Coast.
There is a huge rock out off the shore called Haystack Rock and Phil wanted his picture taken for his facebook profile. Nice photo, Phil.
Yes, there is a quilt shop called Center Diamond in Cannon Beach so of course we had to go there. While there, Phil was near the door (wanting to make a fast get-a-way before I bought too much stuff) and overheard the staff asking "Are you Hoppers?" Well, that meant that there was a shop hop going on. Lucky me!!! So, of course I had to get into it when I saw the fabrics and the pattern. On the way out of town on Sunday we stopped at the participating shops in Ilwaco, Astoria and Claskanie. Will have to do the others another day.
This is the Paisley Duck Shop's quilt. I stopped there on Tuesday to pick up their block and took a picture of what the quilt could look like. There are some challenging blocks and I won't be doing it like that but am anxious to get started as it will be fun.
We finally arrived at the beach and after getting part way ready, we stopped by Betty's house to pick up Steve and Lou. Phil is very excited to wear his new waders - no getting wet for him.
"I'm ready!!! Let's go!!!" As you can see, Phil is anxious to get those clams. And the weather is nice. Yipee.
It was a beautiful night clamming and we all got our limits. Much nicer clamming in calm weather.
I had a sand dollar that was my final pick-up before we left the beach. The sunset was beautiful.
Saturday morning WaWa and Zee fixed french toast, and Bill was the breakfast sausage cook. Very relaxing morning.
While breakfast was being prepared, Phil and Dan relaxed with coffee and discussed the clamming the night before and the evening to come. What a fun time with everyone once again.
So, now that my Kodak Easy share camera is no longer working, I have a new camera to take to the beach. Will make sure this one stays in a plastic bag or something so it doesn't get all that salt air, water, etc in it. Kevin and Kerry are coming on Friday so look for updates soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment