Thursday, October 21, 2010

October busyness

The last few days I have been busy with doing what I love to do...quilting and helping others. I have been knitting helmet liners for the troops in Afghanistan. Since you can carry knitting needles on the plane, I was able to work on some during my last few visits to Michigan. Wednesday evening, I turned in four finished liners to our contact to get them to the troops. Hope this helps, guys and gals. Stay safe.
Wednesday was our Wooly Wednesday class. I had not been since April...or was it May or June??? Anyway, I decided I needed to have a fun day learning from Debbie Busby and making a fall surprise. We made black kitty cats and pumpkins. Here is Donna working on her kitty.
We were surprised by a visit from Debbie's daughter, Amy, and her triplet granddaughters, Hannah, Emma and Olivia. All three have beautiful blue eyes and are just so cute and sweet. .
Well, while others were deciding how they could get a hold of one of these little darlings, being a Mini, I just went right over to help Grandma Debbie by taking Olivia off her hands. Oh she is so sweet and was really interested in seeing what everyone was doing. AND, she gave me my grandma fix for the time being.
Then we had to have our picture taken with the teacher showing our finished and almost finished projects. Debbie is holding Hannah who liked the pumpkin that Donna created.
Thanks for sharing your granddaughters with us Debbie. We really enjoyed out time with you at Wooly Wednesday. See you next month.

1 comment:

  1. It was June as that was the only one I went to...was trying to go last night but had to many things going on. love the project!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete