So, I have been in Michigan helping Nick and Julie with Caleb while Julie works and Nick attends OCS. As you can see, there are no pictures. I don't know how to load my pics from the cd to the computer and Julie is too busy to help. Besides, her sister came to town from Florida and she is meeting her new niece and showing off Caleb. So, you will have to do with my visit in words only and use your imagination.
I arrived on July 4 at my Moms and many family members came over to see Caleb. Nick would be attending OCS in VA and I arrived early to help with Caleb and to sew some items for him to take with him. So, on Friday, July 9, I went on Caleb duty at 6am. Whew...that is 3am Oregon time and I was not yet used to EDT. But after Julie went to work and Caleb was ready for his nap, this Mimi took a nap with him....actually for two weeks, every day until I got used to the time difference.
He is a joy. I don't know how else to put it. He is so adorable, cute, handsome, precious, etc., etc., etc. Night times are Julies although I have offered enough that if she needs me, I can take care of him. Weekends we sleep in. When Momma comes home from work, Caleb is hers, I fix dinner, clean up, prepare bottles, fix Julie's lunch, etc. Yes, I am trying to spoil her as well as Caleb. I think she likes it. :-)
Caleb is 4 months old tomorrow (Aug. 5), and a schedule is starting to happen. There are a few habits that are starting to change as well - like sleeping in his crib. He has outgrown the bassinet and is starting to take good naps in the crib during the day. He is sleeping through the night, a bit restless sometimes, but no feedings after 9 pm and before 6 am. Makes for good rest.
He has not begun to roll over but is trying. That darn left arm just gets in the way though. He sits up well in his bumbo seat (will share pictures of this later - when I figure it out), smiles and giggles alot. He is such a happy boy, changing before my eyes. He has a bouncer seat and gets going to town in that thing. That right hand makes a fist and those feet just kick and kick. A few weeks ago he made a noise and scared himself. Now that noise is just habit and he doesn't even flinch.
Phil was able to come to MI a few weeks ago for five days. We went to Paradise, MI - past the Soo Locks in the Upper Peninsula. An eventful trip to MI via Minneapolis - not a good eating schedule, but all turned out well. We left on Friday and stayed at the Paradise Inn - no outdoor camping for us. Had a great visit with his brother Lou from CA; sister Susan from Florida; sister-in-law Dianne, her granddaughter Stephanie and nephew Aaron from Wisconsin; sister Ann and her granddaughters from Ohio; plus brother Chuck, wife Ruth; brother Gil, wife Nancy; brother Tim, his daughter Jan & her fiance, Steve; nephew Luc, wife Kadren & Amelia, Cora, Suzanne and Emmit, all from Mi along with his nephew Chris whose house we were at. It was great visiting, sharing memories and making new ones. Phil also went to my Moms and helped clear out her garage with Mary Ann and Jerome. Having a big party in September so we are starting early to get things ready.
I have not been doing as much sewing as I thought I would. I have finished a table runner, binding a Redwork Quilt for my niece and have material for an apron but that is about it. I am also meeting up with the Home of the Brave Coordinator for Michigan tomorrow so we will see how much more sewing I will be able to do. Also going to see friends, Sue, Sandy and Kris for dinner. I am also going to my second Livingston Lakes Chapter EGA meeting next week and plan to see my nieces the following before I return home on the 25th.
Nick is doing well at school and has had a few phone calls to Julie and Caleb. Caleb lights up when he hears his daddy's voice. He sounds good and is accomplishing what he has set out for well. We are all anxious to see him on the 21st.
All in all, it has been a wonderful trip. Yes, I do miss Phil very much and I know he has been whining and fussing but he is actually doing well in OR. Just a few more weeks and I will return to my sewing, quilting friends and my household. I can't believe it is coming to an end soon. But, ,I would not change it for anything. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with Julie and Caleb and am so grateful to Our Lord for being in a position to be able to help as well as for having a very understanding hubby.
Gotta run. I have much to do before the little guy gets home. I will try and get pics up soon...just haven't had the time I thought I would. I know...you told me so. :-)
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Great info. Was great to see you!
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessing you are to your daughter-in-law, son, and grandson!
ReplyDeleteKnow you had a great time with Caleb and Julie. Glad Nick is home.
ReplyDeleteHave a safe trip home to Oregon and see you in September.