Yesterday I went on a quilting retreat with my Q-
FAC (Quilting and Fiber Arts) friends. We met at the Historical Society Museum, which has wonderful lighting and just enough room for all 17 of us. This is our teacher, Dennis, who owns Paradise Quilts in Sandy with his wife. He did a great job keeping all of us on track.

We were all busy with our project, Strata Star. They almost look like tumbling blocks with attitude.

Our lunch buffet was wonderful with quite the variety of foods. I didn't take a picture of the two chocolate cakes, pumpkin pie and apple cake - didn't want you to get hungry looking at it. We learned that not only can we sew, we can all cook wonderfully.

I finished my Strata Star and will be putting it in our bedroom on the wall above our bed. I am very pleased with how mine turned out.

Linda, our retreat coordinator poses with Darlene and Tammy, who worked on different projects.

Here we all are with our Strata Stars - all in various stages of completion. All with different looks and just wonderfully done. Thanks for sharing your day with me - I had a great time.
That start is AWESOME !! you did a GREAT job ! I am totally impressed ! It looks extreemly hard....
ReplyDeleteWell I am impressed too.
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice piece. Yah, looks hard to me too.
but I know it is just one piece at a time.
We go for our next block tomorrow. Block 10. can you believe it. Soon we will have a whole quilt to do. Scarey.
love to you and the phil.
ginn