When I come back from quilting on Wednesdays, I usually have things to put away. Some are done, some are to be finished and some are -
ok, what do I do next. As you can see below, I have a few things to finish up on. I have joined a
BFF (best fabric friends) Half Square Triangle Exchange so those are in the black/white/different fabrics pile. Then there is the baby quilt (for my niece) that I have to put the binding on and then fix a few errors from the long-arm machine. The green is for my border of the $5 quilt project I am working on. Then I have to find the red
pearle cotton to finish the red leaf in the candle mat that is partly hidden. What fun I will have.

So this next picture is a story. (I have lots of them - just warning you!!) My friend Lori, quilts with me on Wednesdays. She and I have lots in common - love to see what is new at the store where we sew and then either break down and purchase or just drool over things. So this picture is a machine applique pattern (with a gazillion pieces) and fabric that she purchased, traced the pieces on to fusible stuff, ironed some on to the fabric and then started to put it on the background.

Well, it became overwhelming to her and she decided to throw it all away. I stopped her - she just couldn't throw away that fabric and pattern. Besides, I loved to work out puzzles and would put this together for her - then she can do the quilting on it.

So,
Sundance and I have a date for tomorrow night's Girls Night Out at the Museum for our monthly night out. I will lay it down, figure out what she has already traced and marked and then begin to put it on an applique sheet (one that you can iron it onto and then lift off before doing the final ironing onto the fabric) and see how far I get. I will share pictures when it is done. He will be so cute when finished.
Well, It certainly overwhelms me.
ReplyDeleteI hope it turns out OK.
I just did a purse with only like 10 pieces and that was enough.
love, ginn