It was a beautiful day in Sandy, normal temps, sunny, not a cloud in the crystal clear blue sky. A fine day to go blueberry picking. I didn't have the camera for pics of the bushes - but bushes are bushes. I headed to the bluest of bushes and began picking. They were little but plentiful, oh so very yummy and 7 pounds later I headed for home.

Doesn't look like much but there is actually 7 pounds here. I am just glad that I didn't have to get weighed - I had to check out each of the bushes to make sure that the berries were good. Some had tough skins on them so we didn't want too many of those. So, yes, I got the best ones. :-)

Like I said, they were small. But sweet - better than the ones I bought at the market yesterday.

So I washed them,
laid them out on a towel covered cookie sheet and put them in the freezer to freeze as individual fruits. Then I packaged them into freezer bags to stack once they are completely frozen. I will end up with 5 full quart bags and will enjoy them in the winter when fresh blueberries are $5 per 1/2 pint. Of course I will need to stop eating them now or I won't have 5 full quart bags. :-) I just may have to go get some vanilla ice cream and have a treat tonight.
ummmmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment