Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Organize and Mini Quilts
Sunday was overcast and Phil thought a good time to put more shelves in my sewing closet. Although I was in the middle of doing my miniature quilts for the next raffle quilt, he still decided it would be good. So, I took all the stuff that needed to be moved out of the right side of the closet.
Then he measured and decided where the hangers would go.
He is excited to have the shelves put in - even if they are not quite where I need them.
Ah, I have to admit, I am glad that they are in and that he did a wonderful job for me. Now I am even more organized.
This is the other side with all my stash.
So, while he was working on that I was trying to do my mini quilt. I had decided that flying geese would be wonderful and so made them the Eleanor Burns way. Of course I forgot that when you put those two squares together - you end up with 4 flying geese each - times four different fabrics of eight different colors. So - I had geese flying all over the place.
This is just part of them all lined up so I knew what I had.
As you can see, they are minis. Each flying goose was 1" high by 2" wide.
So, I gathered one from each and put it in a square like this.
Ta Da!!!!! The finished product. As you can see by Phil's hand, it isn't a very big square - will be cut down to 9 1/2 inch square to be placed around the middle medallion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment