Thursday, April 2, 2009

Two Special Quilts

I received a baby shower invitation saying that our nephew and his wife are having a baby boy in July. So, out comes shades of red, blue, green, yellow, and purple material to go along with car fabric to do a "Four on the Floor" baby quilt. I added a scrappy border, will quilt and bind it and -- ta da - a quilt is born. I also will find a book about cars to go along with it so that Cillian will have a fun book to look at while sharing his quilt with his mom or dad or even Pipi and Mimi.

This quilt is called "Mountain Get-away", and is the raffle quilt for the Sandy Historical Society's 11th Annual Quilt Show. We finished it by the end of February and it has been hanging in the local banks to have people purchase advance tickets. Notice the elk in the upper right hand corner - that is the block that I did. It was kind of plain until the antlers were added - now it is a regal elk overlooking our northwest. The blocks were machine appliqued and the quilting is wonderfully done by a local quilt shop owner. It was fun to do and a special person will take it home at the end of July during the Fly-In, Cruise-In Breakfast where the lucky ticket will be drawn.

1 comment:

  1. Wow i have to watch your blog more often.
    You are writing a lot more often. I like that
    I like the quilts. and The sound of your voice singing. Good for you.
    love, ginn

    ReplyDelete