Here is the picture of both skirts. The left one will have straps put on it and it will be a sundress for her dolly. The other will fit her nicely and I will send it with a little top to match.
I can't wait to see Maya in her little outfit when it gets to the Philippines. She is gonna look really cute. And the lesson learned - READ THE PATTERN TWICE, CUT ONCE. I thought I had learned it before when I did that, but evidently I hadn't. Well, it made a cute story and will be fun to see the results on Maya and her dolly.
Friday, April 10, 2009
A lesson learned
Our Maya is going to be three in July. I have decided to make her a flirty skirt for now in hopes of getting it in the mail so she will receive it in time. I looked over the pattern, cut it out and put it together. Looking at this first picture, it is little - I mean little!! I couldn't figure out how Maya would fit into it - it was 12' around at the waste. No way will this fit her, even as petite as she is.
So, after looking at the pattern again - and after complaining to Phil that they goofed - I reread the pattern, cut it out and put it together. Ta Da --- Here it is again - minus the elastic that I will have Sabine put in after she measures Maya's waist. I had cut one of everything instead of TWO of everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

the little skirt is so cute.
ReplyDeleteI am sure she will look adorable.
ginn