Friday, April 24, 2009

H3

My Escape was leaking transmission fluid so I took it in to get it fixed. They said it wouldn't be ready for a couple of days. Since I needed a car, I went across to Avis and rented the $21/day special. He asked me what kind of car I wanted. I told him it didn't matter, just the $21 special. So, he suggested that I take the Hummer 3 for a night and see how I liked it. So, here I am in my rental Hummer 3.
As you can see, the top is pretty low, but the windows are wide.

It was a nice smooth ride, however it has some blind spots in the front and sides. It also felt like the top was right on top of your head. Now I know how the soldiers feel when they are riding in their humvees.
Here I am on my way to Q-FAC meeting - had to have room for all my stuff :-).

1 comment:

  1. haha, mom--I can just imagine you driving around the eco-sensitive Portland area in your Hummer, getting shifty looks from the Prius-driving crowd...

    ReplyDelete