Bill and Becky invited us up to the Beach to clam again - probably for the last time until October. Here Bill and Phil are getting ready.

The last time we went, we didn't do well. So, Phil and I are serious this time. We are gonna get those clams if we have to stay out all day!!

Bill is ready. Clamming gear is simple, a good pair of boots, a clam gun and net to put them in.

This is called the "Get the water out of your boot" dance. I was digging for the clam when the wave came up a little too high. I didn't want to let go - can't let the water or clam beat me. So, I got a little -
ok, a lot -- of water in my boot. Burr that is cold the second time around.

Here are the guys in action.

A very successful day. We all got our limit - 15 clams each.

Now comes the work - cleaning the clams.

When done, we ground them up to make fritters, soup, etc.
yumm,
yumm
On Sunday afternoon, we went into historical
Oysterville for a little change of scenery. The cherry blossoms were in full bloom. A beautiful site.
There is a neat little church there, separated pews for women and men and a side area which was probably for the servants. Here Phil is giving us his
preachin'

Becky has some beautiful flowers that are just blooming around the house. These were Calla lilies near the dining room window.

Time to say goodbye. Can't forget to give Penny a hug as well. She is a nice dog - was fun sharing the beach house and walks with her.

Til next time. Bye for now.
Love that dog picture. And I tell you, he wasn't preachin' in that other picture. He was talking about proper yeast pitching rates in higher gravity ales.
ReplyDelete